I think both of the below are true. However, at least as of this time, it appears that most manufacturer have all but "abandoned", for lack of a better term, the manufacturing of 7mm-08 chambered rifles for the various 6.5s. Other than the fact that business decisions like such tend to create a large group of "butt-hurt" hunters, it is a business decision and appears, from my perspective, to be a smart one, at least in the short term. It has been frustrating for the past several years not seeing a regular supply of used 7mm-08s for sale. That is also a reflection of the stead in which those who own them view them.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
The 7-08 is a fine round but if buying a new rifle the 6.5mm CM has a lot more ammo support and does the same job.

I would bet a small sum that, on average, 6.5mm CM rifles will shoot better than 7-08s using factory ammo.

SAAMI spec 7-08 throats and SAAMI spec factory ammo are not the best fit.

Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
I could actually see the 7-08 getting a boost in popularity as the 7mm caliber gets more attention these days.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ