Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
LOL yeesh. It was me. And the comment was made in the context of ammo availability, not that many responding actually read it all.

On one hand, it's much harder for the non-reloader to find 708 on physical shelves, it's more expensive when they do (even relative to general increase), and there are way fewer new rifles in just the last few years. On the other hand, stores that don't even have spots for 708 do have tons of different 6.5cm ammo... and the new 6, 6.5 and 7mm rounds just keep coming.

So, if you're a casual hunter/shooter or even a serious one that doesn't reload, 708 is not a logical place to start. But as I said in the original thread, it's a great hunting round.

I wasn't calling you out and didn't mention the other thread because I didn't want to give that appearance. I also didn't want to muck up the other guy's thread, even though it happened anyway.

7-08 may be tougher to find on physical shelves for now, but it's quite easy to get online and store inventory should improve. You can also buy 7-08 hunting ammo for $20/box. https://ammoseek.com/ammo/7mm-08-remington

Your points about the 6.5 manbun are noted and I agree with them. I just think the 7-08 still makes a lot of sense for people.