Originally Posted by trapperJ
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by pete53
i would like know what rifle brand you trust to carry in the ruff tuff cold weather in bear country if your life depended on that brand rifle . maybe the cartridge too ? i
have heard its mostly Winchesters and Rugers ? thank you ,Pete53
Have yet to see a Ruger in the woods...

You need to get out more rost495!

I see Rugers M77's a lot out in the bush. The 375 Ruger Alaskan has only increased these sightings.

My main gun is a Stainless Classic 375 H&H. Had he barrels lathed down, cut to 22" and dropped in a Winlite take off. Love that gun.

But like a lot of Alaskans I have used and owned a lot of different brands like Remington, Ruger, Kimber etc. Only one that has let me down was my Stainless Rem 338 Win. Went to clear the action before getting in the cub and it "fired" on closing the bolt on an empty chamber. Was a bunch of gunk and a spruce needle or two in the box trigger. So really I have to blame that on me for not taking care of my equipment. I do like the old style Winchester triggers for this reason though.

I"m sure they are out there and if I hunted for myself I might see them. But even then I hunt away from people and don't really see much other than clients stuff generally speaking. The folks I hunt with locally when I have time don't run rugers. Though Iv'e run a #1 some. 338/.378 and 416 Rigby. I just see a lot of other rifles out there.

I suspect years ago the ruger may have been the bigger norm. I"d have assumed I'd see a lot of boat paddle rugers and again they may be out there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....