Originally Posted by pete53
rost495 , your full of B.S. and brag way to much. as far as Ruger rifles you need to open your eyes it seems the real Alaskans are using plenty Ruger rifles. you won`t see me with a frozen rifle ever again i learned take a better brand rifle with 3 position safety like a Ruger or Winchester.
lmao. Carry on. Using a safety can get you killed too... ignore as you feel the need to.
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Its funny, guys are now mentioning dousing an ice or snow caked rifle with heet.

Never heard anyone talk about it, till I mentioned this tactic to kk alaska on this forum coupla years ago.

A friend of mine carried a container on my first Montague deer hunt in 1977. That trick has been around for a LONGGGG time. What is ironic is during the same trip I introduced the friend to carrying some black vinyl tape for wrapping around the muzzle.
tape. Yes. Heet yes. Though fortunately I've not had the need to use Heet so far... its there. And well, generally, a bottle of alcohol. Well technically 2... grins.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....