I’ve grown up hunting in torrential rain and freezing conditions, not arctic conditions although I do hunt there occasionally, and I have never had my firing pin freeze up or my trigger fail. I have replaced the factory Remington triggers with Trigger Tech triggers but I don’t oil them nor do I oil the firing pin. I replace the factory springs and firing pins on my “dangerous game” rifles with extra power springs and good stainless firing pins but more importantly I keep them clean of pine needles, dirt and oil…oil is the biggest culprit of failures ime. People think that they’re doing themselves a favor with their liberal applications of various oils but all they are doing is creating the perfect conditions for eventual failure. Firing pin springs and trigger groups don’t need oil.

If I had a dollar for every WD40 nut that thought they were maintaining their firearms well with it I’d be rich.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~