Originally Posted by pete53
i live in Minnesota so times are cold here too, i was out call`n coyotes had a 22-250 Remington 700 my rifle froze up on me so that coyote lived. second time my 338 Remington 700 froze up on a elk hunt we were 10 miles from camp with two friends we all had 338 Remington 700`s S.S. ,we were up high on mules lots of snow , cold 10-20 degrees started snowing and raining half way up rifles were all in open scabbards on the mules. lots of grizzly bears and bear sign in that area we were in NW corner of Yellowstone park big sow grizzly and 2 cubs came out around 50-60 feet from me my mule was nuts and screaming i pulled my rifle the friends pulled their rifles too, momma grizzly ran away with cubs that`s when we found out all 3 rifles were froze up . we were dang lucky . i had my Alaskan Winchester pre-64 338 Win.mag with that i had brought out in Wyoming from another friend , so i carried that rifle the rest of the hunt up in the mountains and never carried or used a Remington 700 again in cold weather or big game hunting ever again. i do have a Remington 30 express i do carry sometimes this 30 Express won`t freeze up . glad some have had better luck than i have had with a Remington 700 .
Isn't remington 30 express an M1917? That's Sirius patrol tool.