Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by barm
This thread was started 19 years ago.

It's one of the good ones though!

Yuppers! It was fun reading through those old posts. Scotty, you know I'm still a big fan of the 25-06 for mule deer, antelope and coyotes. I've loaded the 100 grain Barnes TSX, the 115 Berger VLD, the 115 Nosler Ballistic Tip and the 110 grain Nosler Accubond. I haven't taken any game with the 110 Accubond yet but my goodness it shoots well! With Retumbo it's giving me 3200 fps and .5" five shot groups at 100 yards from the Remington 24" 1:10 barrel! Best accuracy came from 100 grain Sierras over H4831.

Retumbo has become my powder of choice for the 25-06, but RL-22 and H4831 work great as well. Retumbo is getting me between 3150 and 3200 fps with 115's. Can't push the Ballistic Tips quite as hard as the Partitions and the Bergers. They seem to hit excess pressure earlier. The Berger is really rough on coyotes and deadly on mule deer.

H4350 is excellent with the 100 grain Barnes TSX bullets. The TTSX hadn't been developed when I was using the TSX's. 3350 fps from the TSX's.

Fell hard for the Remington 700 CDL when it first came out. I like the fit and look of the Remington 700 CDL. Mine has a near twin in 30-06 and I've taken most of my game over the past 15 - 20 years with those two rifles. Mule deer from 20 yards - 400 yards. Antelope at modest range, 160ish. Coyotes out to nearly a quarter mile. Light recoil. Easy accuracy. Great results on game.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

At any rate, it's good to see this old thread and read of others experience with the 25-06, it's such a great cartridge.

Regards, Guy