Dogzapper, that was great. I appreciate you sharing that little tale. I can more than relate. I had a similar thing happen with the first antelope doe I shot this year. I had put a good long sneak on a herd of lopes. At about 225 yards the cover ran out and it was time to start filling tags. First, I shot the buck right in his bed and he never moved. The herd ran off about 50 yards and looked back at the buck to see why he wasn't joining them. I picked out a large doe and shot her tight behind the shoulder. She took off at a sprint. She was blowing hard just like you described in your doe race. The onliest problem was she started making an arc and headed on a bee-line for me. When they are running that hard they can cover 200 yards amazingly fast. I had her in my scope and could see blood pumping out of both sides as she closed the distance. At first I was entranced, which shortly gave way to some serious concern for my well being. She was really moving and getting so close it was hard to keep her in the scope. I'm thinking, "I'm going to have to shoot her again in self defense", but at 12X that was darn near impossible. I just relented to the fact I was about to be run over. About that time she took a nose dive and rolled to a stop less than 10 yards from the end of my barrel. Thank goodness...I mean how do you explain to anyone that you were charged and run over by a doe antelope? Considering all the things I enjoy hunting that bite back, it would be awful embarrassing to be done in by a doe antelope.