Steve, I love my 25-06 as well, a win 70 with a shilen douglas stainless barrel at 24". originally, I shot 120 partitions, switched to 115 partitions and recently bought a box of 117 hornady sst as my powder scale was wacking out on me. shout a nice deer with the 117 sst last weekend (that's a different story). I have never been disappointed in the 25-06 and it is a real joy to shoot. I have used the 100 gr hornady in the 240 weatherby and it is an excellent bullet. as much as I like the 240, it is so similar to the 25-06 that it is a bit redundant. have you ever tried the 120 hornady hp?

,257Bob,

I've shot the 120 Hornady HP at the range and it shoots very well. Never have gotten around to killing any deer/antelope with it.

I HAVE killed several deer and antelope with the 120 Nosler Partition. They take the bullet and either waddle off (or run off) and die thirty seconds later. Thirty seconds can put an antelope three hundred yards away and if we are in canyon country a deer can get tough to recover.

The 100s, either Ballistic Tip or Hornady Spire, simply ELECTROCUTE the critters. Hey, we get absolutely total penetration, holes through both sides, regardless of the angle, so I see absolutely no reason for a heavier bullet than the 100.

Speed kills.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397