My experience with a 25-06 is so thin you could read a newspaper through it. I found a Ruger #1 at a gun show that looked a bit rough. Basically I was interested in the barreled action with the plan of having the barrel rebored and chambered to 35 Whelen. Having never shot a 25-06, I bought a box of ammo with 100 gr. bullets. Don't even remember what brand but the ugly duckling shot very tight groups some less than half inch. Guess I shouldn't have shot the donor. About 6 month later I found two more Ruger #1s, another 25-06 and a 7MM Rem. Mag., both with very very nice wood. I managed to get both for a decent price and again bought some ammo and dies to reload for both, Well the purty one does not shoot worth spit and the 7 Mag. is useable but only fair. 1.25" to 1.75". I just copied accuracy loads from the Sierra manual but neither rifles liked the load. They've been sitting in the safe ever since.Oh well.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE