I have used the 100-grain Ballistic Tip considerably on pronghorn and deer, and not just in the .25-06 (where it works great) but the .257 Roberts loaded to "modern" pressures.

The last one I recovered (one of very few) was started at around 3150 fps from a .257 Roberts, and killed a mature Montana whitetail doe, which was walking toward me early one November morning. At around 50 yards she noticed something "wrong" in the landscape, and started looking around. Her neck/head was moving some, and since she was quartering toward me I aimed for the near shoulder.

At the shot she gimp-ran about 25 yards and piled up. The bullet had split the big shoulder joint, and I found it under the hide at the end of the ribcage on the far side, retaining around half its weight. This may not impress those who believe in 100% weight retention, but in my experience tends to kill deer very well.

The few Hornady Interlocks I've recovered (both 100 .25s and others) like "deer-weight" Ballistic Tips have generally retained 40-60% of their weight, and were all found on the far side of deer that died quickly.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck