Originally Posted by kenjs1
I think this may be in the wheelhouse of many scratching for a new scope they might not entirely need.

My oldest scope is a 6x40 Philippine Burris #4. Been Great - still is. I haven't bought anything in a long while and last range trip thought a little extra power might be nice for load development (getting older) and a few less X" when I take to the field is proving something I have come to love.

Like many - I do not want to buy Chinese but after looking am finding it harder and harder to pull off without breaking the bank.

I am a fan of every Burris I have owned but the FullField IV is Chinese. Other wise cost and feature the 2.5-10 is spot on in every way with seemingly more positive clicks than some of my Burris (or Leupold).

Looked at an E1 -some made in Philippines but not crazy on reticle. Thought there was another thing about them I wasn't big on ....so I looked elsewhere.

Can't see me buying a Leupold Freedom. May seem silly but being truthful just feel I am past buying entry tier - no matter how good. I have a VX -3 but new ones have gotten pricy enough for me to look elsewhere. I don't think I am alone in this.

Considered a Swarovski 3-9x36 but they get a bad rap here and again....pricey.

After sighing and nearly pulling the trigger on a Burris I looked at Tract again and saw their Response line. Its lightweight which was another tick mark -and a huge bonus of a #4 reticle. Under $400.....Thinking hard about it.

I would not buy a china made Burris. That is where I draw the line with them. Why not a Philipine or American made FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex? Sounds like you like Burris and are looking for something "lightweight". The 3-9x40 checks a lot of boxes and it weighs 13 oz's, so it's not heavy by any means. With the ballistic plex reticle, it easily gets you out past 400 yards. Excellent for hunting applications and also messing around at the range. I use mine out to 400 yards, all the time. I've had the E1's and hate the reticle that does not extend out to the edge of the glass. Not my cup of tea. Never have been disappointed with a regular ol FFII though. I've also had the Swaro you ask about and after it failed to adjust, I had to send it down the road. Reminded me of Leupold. Its' your money to spend, but that's how I'd roll.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA