Thanks guys. I know we all go through this waffling on options and cost v benefit. Wish it was more cut and dry. Cheaper scopes offer so much more these days.

I compare two different priced scopes often and I have to say it is hard to justify the cost- other than to 'feel' like I paid more for quality of the more expensive. It just isn't working out that way for me. I don't hunt rugged terrain or via horseback or even much four wheeling with my rifles. So I should buy for my needs.

I have been looking at an E1 and comparing to the Weaver and like the looks of the Weaver better and trust the turrets will be good. Burris has too much labeling on it. Just bugs me. Have a little sentimental part of me wanting a Weaver again. Silly stuff but....sharing thoughts.

I actually reached out to Tract when they were new (good folks) and helped introduce them here but I have yet to own one. Glad they are successful and part of me wants one of their scopes just cuz.. Could be a little lighter but otherwise terrific specs and warranty and I know I would be happy. But I could buy 3 Weavers for the one Tract and in truth do not think going less expensive would cause me any game animal or load development.
So right now I think it is down to those two. I looked again and the turret on the response didn't look any taller than the Weaver.

Guess I can sell my Philippine 6x40 #4 to make up some of the cost. Feels like an old friend though.....betting some can relate.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius