Thanks guys, I found an article in Rifle-scopereview .com about the Weavers updated Classic line and the arrangement with Natchezss.

Gotta thank Paul on this after seeing this particular line item:
  • "The optical quality of the newer Classic scopes seems better than the optical quality of the original Weaver Classic scopes. I’d say that these newer Classic scopes offer glass quality that is about on par with the older Weaver Grand Slam series of riflescopes:

Happy with that! These have tougher, improved, lens coatings as well. Made in Korea- which I can certainly live with.

A ballistic reticle option (ok I may 'prefer' other ones) but practical looking power and focus rings, easily managed non-tactical turret caps and and I am sure the great Weaver adjustments I have liked so well in the past. 1" tube, 3-9x40...$130 or so which to me puts them in realm of smoking deal on Philippine Fullfield II ...only maybe even nicer a tick nicer assuming the brightness and view is close enough to call a wash.

I couldn't find weight or dimensions but imagine I can make this work on my short action Rem 700 6mm. Thinking....why not? If it sucks....I can give it to someone in need or keep as a backup.

Still want to her about that Tract first but promising.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius