The lunatic fringe of car enthusiasts, fishermen, golfers & more appropriately bird watchers along every other hobby under the sun obsess about the quality of their gear & drive constant improvements by gear makers. Stopped in Sportsman’s warehouse at lunch today 80% Vortex scopes on display. Most I wouldn’t use on a hunt & the ones I’d like pushing $1000. So along with inflation driven cost increases making mediocre scopes costly advertising seems to be the driving force in sales - not performance.

I mounted a couple of Burris FF2 4.5-14x42 scopes on a friend’s & his daughter’s rifles. The cheap Vortex & cloudy fuzzy old Leupold they replaced were awful to look through. Got them sighted in at 225 yards with some marksmanship tips for her. Gave him an image of just where the Ballistic Plex hash marks should be and he made a nice 1 shot kill at 360 yards while she got her 1st ever Bull elk. They were so happy it’s quite nice to be able to help. I’ve got one sitting in a safe gr some future rifle maybe for a grandson.