Originally Posted by kenjs1
RiverRider- thanks man - much similar experience here. I owned a Meopta 6x42 Artemis (late 90's or early oo's) when no one ever heard of them. Was great and had a nice #4 - I am a fan of those reticles and partly why I have kept my 6x40 FF2 so long. Adjustments on the Meopta were stellar. Since then have done Leupolds, Weavers, one Sightron II, Bushnell 4500 and a few Burris so it bugs me when some otherwise great scopes have mushy turrets while some cheap ones, like a Hawke I put on my 10/22 ( yeah it s Chinese) have nice clicks.
I do not understand the huge turret trend these days either and it is a definite turn off. I don't want to mess with parallax or larger objectives so 42mm is max for me and maybe 12x. The 2-10 range is nice but all magnification is not the same or so it seems when comparing but will work no matter.
I found more on the new Weaver Classic and while they are improved being owned by Vista I am not sure they aren't some Bushnell model rebranded although I have not found a model that looks identical in a Bushnell.

From what I've read, it seems the Natchez Weavers are substantially the same as the latest iteration of non tactical Bushnell elites. Both are made in Korea and seem to be of equal quality.

I mounted a new 2.5-10 Bushnell Elite up for a co worker's son last fall. Went on a RAR 7mm-08. Adjusted exactly as it should when static testing and getting sighted in. Shot some great groups with it. View was very good, as was ER and EB. They used it to take a couple of deer. Reported it held zero through a couple of accidental falls and drops.

If I were in the market for a duplex, set it abd forget it scope, I'd give one a look. Seems the Korean Bushies have held up pretty well for lower tier scopes over the years.