RiverRider- thanks man - much similar experience here. I owned a Meopta 6x42 Artemis (late 90's or early oo's) when no one ever heard of them. Was great and had a nice #4 - I am a fan of those reticles and partly why I have kept my 6x40 FF2 so long. Adjustments on the Meopta were stellar. Since then have done Leupolds, Weavers, one Sightron II, Bushnell 4500 and a few Burris so it bugs me when some otherwise great scopes have mushy turrets while some cheap ones, like a Hawke I put on my 10/22 ( yeah it s Chinese) have nice clicks.
I do not understand the huge turret trend these days either and it is a definite turn off. I don't want to mess with parallax or larger objectives so 42mm is max for me and maybe 12x. The 2-10 range is nice but all magnification is not the same or so it seems when comparing but will work no matter.
I found more on the new Weaver Classic and while they are improved being owned by Vista I am not sure they aren't some Bushnell model rebranded although I have not found a model that looks identical in a Bushnell.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius