Some of you may be following another similar thread about the new Weaver v. Burris. I responded there and have enjoyed talking your heads off on this as I feel many can relate.

After looking at both including a FF2 BP and the E1's, the Tract, Meopta, Bushnell and other more expensive jobs and an email or two back from folks I found something that checked every single box. Weight, looks, able to mount in ow rings. nice clicking easy to read turrets, good eye relief and a reticle I actually found desirable rather than one I would settle for.

You won't like it.......

I went with a....gulp..... Leupold Freedom Hunting Flex reticle. THERE , I said it..... I was not aware they offered that reticle or had seen the turrets up until yesterday. There is just nothing not to like about it so I do not mind paying another $100 to get exactly what I want. It still is not what one should call an expensive scope. I have a VX3 that, while more expensive than my Burris or other choices, has given me years of excellent service. I think the Freedom will be bright enough. Earlier doubts came from an older VX-1, my first 'real' riflescope purchase many years ago, that I found lacked in low ight -and lead me to my first excellent bargain performer, a Weaver K6, that was noticeably brighter. I went full on 6x for many years after. I started thinking how I made sure every scope after that Vx1 was fully multicoated(the Vx-1 was not) and was never let down or had to hold off any shot during or past legal hunting hours for that reason. Almost all scopes are now FMC. It was not always the case. I love the reticle, no tax or shipping charges from Doug and happy to support his business. If it does have an issue I feel more covered and confident it will be dealt with to satisfaction than with anything I can imagine buying at this point no matter what type of product may be.

Looking forward to it I will see if I can take out all my rifles and give you an honest review against my 6x and 3-9 FF2, and VX-3- and will try to keep it short.

Flame on ....

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius