Hard to believe, but possibly the best steak I've ever had was on a cruise we went on with a group of my high school reunion planners . Went to Alaska on the cruise and a couple of the dinners were at the high end restaurants on the ship that aren't covered under the regular cruise fair. Our cruise planner gave us complimentary tickets and we went as a group. I got lobster and a T-bone steak along with lobster bisque because most restaurants serve a pretty small meal with a steak. The steak was huge - it almost covered the entire plate and it was cooked perfectly medium rare. It was so tender you could cut it with the fork and the lobster was perfect also. The service was incredible along with it.

Second best steak I've ever had was a Filet Mignon stuffed with clams, crab, and scallops at a place called Salty's in Portland. Possibly the best seafood and steak restaurant in Oregon IMO, but I'll admit I'm too cheap to eat there often... it's not unusual to run into celebrities there as many of them have homes in the Portland area. Ran into Sam Elliot there having dinner with his wife and friends have run into Tom Selleck there. Funny thing is, for the most part folks see these celebrities in this area and often give them their space and don't bother them... but the steak was darned good.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.