A while back I made a bigscore on bullets, maunl .270, .284 and .308" Nosler partitions. There were a few boxes of Sierra .170 gr. RNs and .220 gr. RNs by sierra which he literally gave. Said he didn't like the, I'll be trying the 7s in a 7x57 and .80 Rem. Not sure about the 220 gr. 30s but probably in the 06 and maybe the .300 Win. Mag.

The last two animals I shot with a round nose bullet were a Mule deer back around 1973 and another Mule deer about 1975. The first was with a 175 gr. Federal 7x57 round and that deer was never recovered. My wife and I looked until it was too dark to see anything. I went back out the next day and found it well over 400 yard from where I shot. The coyotes had a good feed. Years later when I got a chronograph, I found that ammo only did a bit over 2200 FPS, not the advertised 2400+ FPS. I ran some fresh ammo to compare and it was no better.

The second buck was shot at about 35/40 yards and the bullet hit too far back, just in front of the hind leg and about two-thirds up on the body. Deer dropped like it was pole axed and never even twitched. M
There were two deer and my buddy shot at the other. Both went down fast. My buddy looked at me and asked, "Did you shoot at that deer?" I said yes and apparently both shots went off an exactly the same time He couldn't figure out how he'd killed two deer about 20 feet apart. That was good for a laugh.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE