I loaned my Browning A Bolt to a friend a decade or so ago.. He took it elk hunting, here in Oregon.
He was thinking he needed maximum punch for an elk, so I loaded it up that way...

83 grains of H 1000, with a 220 grain RN. It worked just fine for him, 300 Weatherby data in a 300 Win Mag

When I was zeroing the rifle at the range, it was 2 evenings before season opened. The entire 300 yd range was full.
I finally was able to get a bench, but no one would even stop for anyone to go post a target even at 50 yds... I was at the far left side, with 30 other or so benches next to me, all full.

So only thing out there was some steel plates on the left of the 300 yd line. When I pulled the trigger, it connected.
The "Clang" was loud enough, that virtually every one on the other benches stopped to see what the hell was that.
It had knocked the hell out of the steel plate. With a sectional density of .330, thats a big hunk of lead.

A bunch of the guys walked down to see "what the hell I was shooting"...

I loaded up 220 grain SMP Partitions for my buddy with that charge. The bullet went straight thru his bull elk and they found no bullet to see....

Count me as a dedicated Round Nose fan, even tho others prefer the newer spendy/trendy bullets...

Old school is normally around a long time for a good reason... If many of them were still being made, I'd bet they would still be selling... at least for guys like me... if nothing else, I wish they would make an annual run of them.

Wish I'd have been around before they quit making the 6.5 mm RN bullets, down at Hornady.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez