I'm still a fan of a good old Round Nose in about any caliber.

When I lived in Minnesota and hunted there and also over in Wisconsin, the most common thing I carried in the field was Federal 30/06 ammo loaded with 220 grain RNs.

you connect, the deer dropped dead. Even at 300 yds, even tho the foot pounds of energy was down to like 1300 ft /lbs, those 220s always plowed right thru both sides and there was always a small entrance hole and a small exit hole, when shot thru the chest vitals.....but in the insides of the deer, it was like the vital organs had been stirred with a chain saw...

Shot a blacktail buck here in Oregon a number of years ago.... at about 150 yds, with a 7 x 57, with a 175 grain Hornady RN. Impact velocity was under 2000 fps.
bullet went thru both sides of the deer and dropped it on the spot. After gutting the deer noticed a bullet hole in a pine tree about 30 yds behind, that was fresh..

after exiting the deer, evidently the 175 grain RN, also penetrated thru about 18 to 20 inches of pine tree...

They aren''t fancy of high tech in today's hunting world.... but they damn sure worked...

the blacktail this past season, was taken with a 95 grain ballistic tip, out of a 6 x 45....the other pack of bullets I had loaded up, were with the same powder charge ( 24 gr H 322 ) and some left over 100 grain Hornady RN/Sp. I'll try to remember to use those next season.... I'd bet they would have done the same job as the 95 gr B/Tips did. ONE shot and DRT.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez