Originally Posted by RUM7
Different strokes I guess.
My dog often runs free and visits the neighbors out in our rural area. Of course, my neighbors all know him and like him alot. He often plays with the big black lab next door. Of course, the only thing he kills are feral cats and once a young coyote.
It helps he's not a pit and my neighbors are good people.

He does always have a GPS collar on and has learned his boundaries. We don't live on "rural" 2 acre lots.
My neighbor, who was also a good friend, had a female lab like that.
She spent as much time going up/down the mountain trails as I did during my trail runs and was well known in the area. I don’t think anyone cared because she was friendly (she learned quickly to stay out of my backyard where I built the kennel for my GSD since he didn’t like ANY other dog).
All was well until she got hit by someone on our road, then it was ‘that driver’s’ fault. Decisions have consequences.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�