Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Just an aside, I was walking my 70 lb Old English Bulldog (image below) last year at night. As we approached the fenced in yard of two dogs (a full blooded male Pitbull in his prime weighing about 65 lbs, and his female German Shepherd buddy, also in her prime), I noticed that they were both loose. Someone had left their gate open.

These two dogs have been acting like they've been spoiling for a fight with my dog for years from behind their fence, and now they were loose, and both charging at me and my dog with all anger and fury.

My dog just looked at them square, body braced for a fight as they charged towards him, and when they got within a couple of yards, with a low roar he launched himself in their direction, like, "Okay, lets do this." I could barely hold onto the leash.

At seeing this, both of them practically fell over themselves to stop on a dime within feet of my dog, and ran back to their property as fast as their feet would carry them. grin

It tickles me every time I think of it.

[Linked Image]

The_Real_Hawkeye,

I'm glad your 70 lb Old English Bulldog had what it takes to stop the advance of the Pitbull and German Shepherd.

Can you imagine if you were walking by with your young daughter or granddaughter. A young child does not have what it takes to stop an aggressive attack. A loose pitbull and a child in the same vicinity has the potential for a catastrophic outcome.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This or worse. This poor little girl will have to live with the horror of that attack every time she looks in the mirror.