Originally Posted by brinky72
Of the ones you have listed I would lean toward one of the 6mm’s. I have taken plenty with a 223 and it works fine but a 6mm has an edge it seems and doesn’t recoil any more. I’d get a well built 6x45.

We can shoot ONE deer a year in Oregon...last three seasons, I've taken 2 with a Ruger Predator in 6.5 Grendel and last year a 6 x 45, that I loaded a 95 grain Ballistic Tip. All three deer have been Bang/ Flop scenarios. Two were heart shots and one was a neck shot....

The 6 x 45 is a big step up from the 223... Running 95 or 100 grain Bullets, at around 2500 or so, with like 25 grains of powder, they are pretty easy to place your shot in the right spot. The Grendal, I run 29 grains of powder ( W 748 ) with 129 or 140 grain bullets... for a little, either cartridge can do a lot...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez