Originally Posted by 65BR

We both agree a 357 is not a top pick on bear, but I think your posts puts a 357 rifle near a 22 in killing power, whereas I believe its very close to a 30/30.

I have no idea where you drempt that one up. The simple fact is that a 357 is less powerfull than a 30-30. Period. So I'd opt for the 30-30. I don't care what kind of wizz bang hardcast bullet you have. The bottom line is we both agree that the 357 is not the best choice so the rest is just twaddle.

Originally Posted by 65BR

Your Discounting the truckloads of game a 30/30 has killed, yet say you'd use one.....if you had a choice over a 357, yet you and I both know, there has not been a widespread use of a 357 rifle on game larger than deer to have any data to speak from so just because it does not have the history, does not make it drastically inferior to a 30/30 w/top loads.

It seems very early to be drinking so either you need a better pair of glasses or this cold is kicking my azz much harder than I thought. I think you need to point out where I "discounted truckloads of game killed by the 30-30". Do you just make this stuff up as you go? The fact is that you can't group in all the whitetails killed hunting with a 30-30 and make any sort of realistic comparison as a self defense bear weapon. And no the 357 is not "drasticlly inferior" just a bit inferior in a ballistic sense. You seem to continue to over look the fact that one is not obligated to use the most anemic 30-30 commercial rounds. I'm not even going touch your whole off topic rant about handguns except to say I strongly suspect that there a hella lot more 12 guages being used for this purpose or 45-70 guide guns than glocks.
I'm guessing your a Brian Pearce groupie. laugh