Gents,

Thanks for the replies. 7mmfreak, thanks for the suggestion about contacting Yavapai--I'm already planning on contacting them on Monday--this confirms that it may be one of many alternatives.

As for the time/method patience involved in building a custom rifle--I'm well aware. I felt lucky to get mine done in 18 months. Just not pleased with the results.

And the point of this isn't the time involved anyway. If he said "hey, I'm happy to do it but I won't get to it for 6 months"...then so be it. Yes, I know that the 6 months can then turn into 9, 12, 18 and so on. Seems to be more common than not.

My point is that he's outright lied to me about his progress, has not followed up on his commitment to "get back to me by the end of the week", etc.

Case in point. He told me the barrel was done and would talk to Bansner about their coating process so as to return the rifle in the same finish that it arrived. That was in August. As of two weeks ago, neither Mark or anyone in his shop has heard anything EVER from Mr. Pederson. I provided him with telephone numbers and names in my letter (by the way) if he had any questions at all about what they'd done to insure that the sights were indeed properly mounted.

...and yes, it's slightly disappointing that Bansner's didn't catch it there...but the outcome would be the same nevertheless. The barrel is bad and needs to be replaced.

I understand why Mr. Pederson may be hesitant/reluctant to complete this work--although he promised me that he would.

Consider this: Replacing the barrel requires that it be matched exactly to the existing contour (turned down slightly-post production), removal and replacement of the front and rear sights, barrel band, refinishing the barreled/sighted receiver and then refitting it in Bansner's stock. It's a lot of work.

Hard to prioritize for him it seems--so I'm having to do it for him. Yet, his refusal to engage at all in this process (for the last 3 months +/- ) is what ticks me off and frustrates the hell out of me.

He's not entirely stupid--just incredibly irresponsible and negligent. Again it gives me NO pleasure to air this publicly but it's part of my strategy--hoping that somehow, someway the word will filter down to him that this is now in the public domain and his reputation is at stake. From what I know of this business...reputation equals business.

I guess some may be so busy in their success that they forget how they got there. Sadly, this isn't the first story of this sort and won't be the last.

I've come to hate the entire process and will likely NEVER go the full custom rifle route again...ever. If I was a bench rest shooter maybe, but I'm not. I'm a hunter.

Cheers and thanks again for the forum and allowing some room to vent.

Rectum non bustus