Coldbore,

Once again, I'm reminded that We all live in a two story house.

Please accept my apology for my comments based on the statements of the original poster. Obviously, it all started with him supplying a defective barrel.

As a home improvement contractor, I don't warranty (by contract) any work or delay that follows the installation of customer supplied materials that are later discovered to be insufficient or defective. Additional labor to make the owner supplied material suitable for installation is only performed after the client signs a change order to that effect.

Many clients, both yours and mine, believe they know all there is to know about the materials that go into their build. They buy the items that go into a project themselves to reap airline miles from the credit card they use and to ostensibly save any mark-up(my time+warranty reserve) we apply to such items.

Even when it's been explained and agreed to in writing, somehow, it's all our fault. We should have spent uncompensated hours double checking their purchases, in my case the finish on the cabinets or the uniformity of the tiles purchased at a close-out warehouse (that can't be returned).

During my stint in the gun biz I saw all sorts of owner supplied problems and delays, from bad scopes to "XXX" stock blanks that carved out to "utility".

Many clients have so much emotion invested up in their projects/purchases/decisions. When it all turns out as per their vision they're in the clouds (the rewarding part of our work) and when something goes the other way they look to lay blame elsewhere(the worst part).

Again, my apologies. I should have known better.

Jim

"If I'm already on my way down
I might as well just work the crowd"