Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I voted for Obama. No, I'm not "a liberal". He was the better of the two tickets and not by a little.

If you are a social conservative or single issue voter (guns, abortion, etc), then you will disagree with me, perhaps violently <g>. I'm not a single-issue voter. I voted for who I thought was the better candidate for the times, overall. McCain is a good man but he's old, rigid if not calicified mentally, and didn't give the impression that he even wanted to win- especially at the end there. His decision making is suspect, as witnessed by choosing Palin for... for... uh... her gender and rabid social conservatism, maybe? Maybe? Not much else there.

Obama is doing fine so far, not that there's much "good" to be done. He's interfacing with Congress, listening, and trying to project calm (which McCain was TERRIBLE at). Let's face it- he's [bleep] just like McCain would have been. The economy is a MESS and it's not his doing, and there's no magic wand to wave to fix it. Let us not forget who our fearless leader was for the 8 years prior, and who gave away a trillion dollars to THE WRONG PEOPLE (if there even are "right people" for such stupidity) on his way out the door.

You want to tell me that Republicans are fiscal conservatives, warn me first so I don't blow beer out my nose, OK?

If McCain had won, we'd be going down the same path we are going down now- right? Can we all admit that? We'd all be complaining about the stupid McCain economic stimulus package. he'd be drawing down the war in Iraq over the next 4 years. The rhetoric might be different, but the results would be more or less the same.

As to Obama partying in college... give me a BREAK... who DIDN'T!? George W. Bush snorted coke, smoked pot, and drank like a fish... yet we all voted for HIM.

I know posting this won't endear me to some of you. Oh well. Hopefully you'll at least have some respect for the fact that I ain't gonna lie to you or pretend to be something I'm not. I'm a hippie redneck <g>, live out in the woods, got my guns and trucks and chain saws, but I also got my guitars, mountain bikes, and skiis...damned if I will close my mind and just swallow what the RNC or DNC is putting out. I'll use my own head and decide on the candidates on a case-by-case basis.

Respectfully,

-jeff

I REALLY feel sorry for you. You were caught up in his eloquent speech, his hollow promises, and his perfect manners. It is humanly impossible for him to keep his campaign promises. Anybody in his right mind could see through him. His election was won because he brought people out to vote that had never voted before AND will never vote again. You sir are the reason I constantly look at people and figure how stupid some of them are. There are plenty right here on the campfire that voted Democrap and won't admit it. The fact that you did only confirms your stupidity to me.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5