Here's another perspective on Obama.

I don't choose to post my resume on the internet, but suffice it to say I went to college and grad school later in life. My first job after grad school was with a consulting firm that specialized in executive assessments consisting of psychological testing and in-depth interviews of high level candidates who had already made it through the client company's screening and interview process, that is, the finalist or finalists. Nothing enhanced our credibility, or my personal satisfaction, more than busting a phony.

Obama reminds me of the kind of candidate who can snow unskilled interviewers, even those who consider themselves astute judges of people. A big reason is that most untrained interviewers allow the candidate to get into hypotheticals, or "philosophical" issues like the ubiquitous "Describe your philosophy of management". A skilled interviewer will use behavioral interviewing, boring into what the candidate has actually done, and how it was accomplished, and insisting on verifiable specifics. Obama would perform superbly in a conventional interview and would dazzle many interviewers as he obviously dazzled many voters. However, his lack of any real substance in the form of actual accomplishments would be transparent to a skilled interviewer, and he would be shot down with a recommendation against employment for any senior executive position.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.