I don't know why I am even bothering to respond because the Ron Paul that I saw during the campaign provided little more than comic relief. He had the microphone during a national debate and said absolutely nothing of value.

He must be the most misunderstood man in history.

You and I must have been watching different elections. Maybe it was the Austrian election you were focused on because I don't recall anyone spending much time discussing global warming, green energy, abortion, or gay marriage.

You appear to be under the impression that Paul was running for dictator rather than president. How exactly would he "tear huge bloody strips out of the government"? Barak, our system of politics is not a zero-sum-game, if you don't get your way, you can't take your ball and go home. Like it or not, our government is a system that was designed for compromise. How would Ron Paul fit into a system like that? Where would the legislation be coming from to put these changes into effect?

Just because he gets to sit in the big chair doesn't mean he runs the show. I ask again, where does his politicial support come from? If he can't get Republican support for his ideas now, why would they support him as president? Yeah, he can veto all he wants but eventually the majority Dems in congress will modify their legislation just enough to override that veto. There goes the bloody strips.

Maybe you missed my final point. I understand that his "comfort zone" is the House where he has been elected numerous times by what, 20,000 voters or so? My point was, if his ideas are so spot-on then why doesn't he seek out a more reasonable higher office than President so he can put his plans into motion? Why not gov or senator? Doesn't he have any interest at all in moving his ideas out of the theoretical? It seems like such a waste to mankind to keep a guy like him bottled up.