Well it seems the moose I have killed must have just been the ones that rode the short bus to moose school as calfs, cuz I havent found near the problems killing moose that many of you state. To date, I and my pards have never gone moose hunting and not killed a moose, 2 over 70, 60+'s, mid 50's, mid 40's, barely palmers and spikes, none have given me much trouble or challenge when we speak of killing. I will admit to being party to more than one grueling extraction from the backcountry but like I have said.....they aint hard to kill by any stretch of the imagination. I have killed them in low lands, bogs, alpine regions, residential areas and even in my own back yard. If a guy can shoot, regardless of the tool in hand( bow or rifle), I still say they are one of the easiest critters to kill given their size, and have never seen one go even 100 yards after being shot, usually less than 50.

Oh....and I personally have never taken one via a THS, or a gut shot, so I cant comment on how that works out.