You are a lucky man.

I've had well-shot moose go up to 150 yards - disappearing after the first jump or two. That gives one a 300 yard diameter area to search as the bastids are tricky about changing direction. Not easy when one is unlikely to spot a downed moose more than two or three yards away. Hence my preference for CNS shots, if available.

As I said - I agree they are easy to kill with proper shot placement. Usually. They just may not be easy to get to that killing point, in less than abundant, remote, perhaps guided, optimal areas/conditions. The finding afterward can be the tough part.

I'll take an "easy" moose any time I can get it... not that there is any such thing, except relatively..

No disrespect intended, but my feeling is that you have not had it difficult enough to develop the respect that these magnificent animals really deserve. I was in hog-heaven thru the 80's, into the mid-90's down here in the Swanson River Burn of '69 - and didn't really appreciate how good I had it at the time.

Again- no diss - just a difference of opinion based on our comparative experiences.

A moose is as worthy of as much respect as any white-tail or wapiti ever born.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.