And the Saga continues... grin

Here's a look at the Brownells acra glass gel resin & hardener bottles. It's a 1 to 1 mix, The kit comes with a mixing cup, measuring spoon & a mixing stick but I've never used any of it grin I find that one kit is good for bedding probably at least 6 to 8 rifles if they are projects similar to the M77 we are doing here today so I just make sure to put the caps back on the bottles nice & tight so it all keeps.

[Linked Image]

I use cotton swabs for a lot of this stuff because they are so cheap & disposable. I'll grab a couple & use them to scoop out a dab of resin. then I'll use a new pair doubled up to scoop out an equal dab of hardener. Like so:

[Linked Image]

then I'll Mix it up until I have a consistent color...

[Linked Image]

Next I'll add die, in this case we are bedding a black/gray laminate stock so I have chosen for my bedding compound color to be black. (A couple drops is all it takes)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now on to the point of no return, I apply the bedding compound to the areas I have chosen. I start with the recoil lug area & the first inch of the barrel chamber. I use the cotton swabs again here to lay in the bedding. I snip the head off one end of a swab & use it like a stick to poke & work the bedding down into the anchor holes that I drilled. You can see in the tang photo that I needed to work some bedding into one of those anchor holes after I took the photo.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/rifle%20bedding/Picture021.jpg[/img]

Looking back at the recoil lug area you can see I've picked my areas of application as follows, lug area, first inch of the barrel itself, and I have applied compound to the bottom corners on the inletting behind the recoil lug so I create a nice molded support for the receiver in this area, help hold everything true & straight in my little Ruger here.

Notice I have shied away from the action screw hole with the bedding and I have poked the action screw up into place. I do this to keep bedding out of the recoil lug screw hole. I bring the action carefully down into the stock lining the lug up with this screw, I try to engage the screw threads before I start drawing the lug into it's new squishy bed.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/rifle%20bedding/Picture025.jpg[/img]

Coffee time, I'll be right back grin

Something clever here.