Hey John, well I like the idea of bedding the bottom metal too. I guess I think of it as a step further than the bedding in the popular inletting areas. A step further would be the pillars.

I guess personally for my hunting rifles I'm happy with the bennifits of anchoring the action in the stock with the bedding I show above. I like the barrel to float free from the forend for consistancy gains in POI. the bedding in my hunting rifles just holds things true in the stock which helps me maintain that "float".

Most accuracy enthusiasts will carry things further & focus on so many things that are awesome but a bit beyond my accuracy demands at this time.

I just wanted to show a do it yourselfer process that that can help your average hunter take a big step in improving POI consistancy.

It's a bit of a "where do you stop" sort of thing, and there is no wrong opinion or answer.

Some say "if it aint broke don't fix it" and some are full blown customs fans that never stop pushing the envelope (god bless them I love that sort of passion in anything)

But this is where I settled in for my hunting rifles. grin

Something clever here.