Originally Posted by backwoodsbrian
Dave, when are you going to shoot it and post the range results?

Ya know what would be really cool?

If I could come on here with a story & pictures about how I averaged 1/2 to 3/4" groups at 100 yds, all happy & such...

Well i just come back from the range & that aint what happened.

Granted I didn't have my rest, there was a wind, I was a bit rushed... but they were circumstances that still would have netted respecatble groups from pretty much any other rifle I own.

This time I was shooting 140 gr rem green box.

First group was an inch & a half 3 round group off the paper, 7 inches low, 5 inches right from my POA. Odd I could be that far off since I shot it a couple of weeks ago, but i did shoot different loads last time around too. (winchester power points 140 gr)

So I adjust the scope, go for another group & she's closer to POA now but still loose... like 1 3/4" group.

I try again & net a sloppy 3" group!!

I run 2 dry patches, let things cool (again) and run one last group. calling that last group an 1 1/2" would be stretching the truth, probably closer to 1 3/4"

I'm frustrated to say the very least.

Havin a beer now & mama's cookin tacos so that's calming me down a bit grin

Next course of action, strap my back up scope on & run a few more groups.

If I prove that it isn't the scope, well I guess I might be going for a pressure pad up front in the barrel channel. crazy

Last time I shot this rifle I had that strange issue with the brass slivers in the bore which I suspected were tearing loose from the crimp on the case neck. I didn't have any of that happening tonight.

I trust this scope very little at the moment. The scope is my number 1 suspect at the moment.

Something clever here.