The Internet will not replace the good shooting magazines anytime soon. There is not yet an economical way to get high quality well researched articles by professionals in the field onto this medium; we will not pay for it.
The Internet is for us enthusiastic, serious plinkers. Depending on the forum we can be serious and share real information, or we can argue and roll in the mud. I believe the Internet is now where the outdoor magazines were in the late 1920' or early '30's, all of us who contribute feel we have ownership. The Internet will grow and mature but those of us who appreciate the printed page will still buy magazines.
Writers like Jim Foral or Ross Seyfried have nothing to fear from the Internet. It will be a very long time before you see in-depth and interesting articles such as these two submit floating around on the Internet. The real problem for editors is replacing men like Ken Waters, C. E. Harris and W. C. Davis as they retire. I am a hunter but I do not have a lot of interest in hunting stories.

Slim