[quote] [/quSo I prefer both reading and publishing the work of one-time writers � guys who put-in the work, come-up with something good maybe once, and never turn-in another such article. I understand modern Editors' preference for a stable of dependable pro staff writers, but I don't like to see a magazine depend entirely on staff writers � especially when they tell their writers what to write about instead of turning them loose to think freely and creatively along their own lines of deep interest. ote]

Boy do I have to disagree.One time writers with what knowledge accepted by whom?I really like getting to know the guys like Craig Boddington and one of his first killls in McCall Idaho with believe it or not a 30-06.He has a history and a good one at that and not afraid to call a spade a spade as would be expected from a Marine.There are others that have the experience and are not afraid to show it.Are we to rely on the editor or the actual shooter for actual what happened?Another good one is Larry Weis??(cant spell) and The bear hunter from BC Can't think of his name but young and usually reports on Muzzleloaders with long hair.Funny and personable.

You have to have credits to pass on your thoughts and have them believed.One time writers don't cut it for me and many others.You have to semi Know someone to believe half of what they say.Not a slam bam thank you mam and then another article.

Most of these guys have payed there do's and respectfully so with followers way past there demise in one magazine for instance G-Sitton from Petersons Hunting.Welcome at my fire anyday.

Political bull and know one should edit the actual for whatever.We can handle it......Jayco.