I agree with Ken as in a good hunting mag the editor should be pretty knowledgable on the topic of the mag.

If he can't seperate the wheat from the chaff as it relates to what a 1 time writter gives him then he prob shouldn't be doing the job. A 1 time writter is ok in my book as more than likely he had to beat out the other guys to get his in the rag and must therefore offer SOMETHING above the norm.

I don't know - I read all the articles and figure out what makes sense with what I already know - I don't skip one unless the writter has already turned me off with a series of articles but I wont begrudge a writter because he hasn't had the chance to yet.

Or in the case of JB - the thing that made me follow him was he likes Rugers. It was a complete change (for me) from the writters that said "unless its a pre-64 Win M70 or a Rem 700 it don't kill." That attitude has changes some lately I think but when I first stumbled onto JB it wasn't - a case where a writter I had not heard of saying something that made sense givin my expirence.

Me