Must be a Bushnell scope if the "turrets" are changing zero that easy. Maybe you should start wearing "clothes" instead of "close". That might be part of the problem ;o).

I use turrets on all my rifles and if you can change them by rubbing on anything, you are a better man than I am. I swear buy them and use them year round. I don't touch them if shots are under 350 yards, but over that, nothing beats a dialed in turret, a range finder and a solid rest. I have taken out a bunch of first time turret users. These guys and gals can shoot well, but had no idea what turrets could do for them. They borrowed my rifles with me in tow. The First guy wacked his buck at 481 yards, second girl 556, third guy 351, fourth guy 501. They all have turrets on their rifles now and swear by them. If you don't shoot a lot at long range, then they aren't for you. If you are a weekend warrior, they aren't for you. For western hunters that simply can not get closer to game across the huge canyons, they are a life saver for those that are dedicated to puting in the time it takes to get good at long range shooting. I wacked a small prairie dog at 746 yards on the third shot with turrets and witnesses. Deer an elk are a chip shot after shooting pop can sized targets at long range year round. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.