Originally Posted by oldman1942
Well my point is that there is no reason for any real "hunter" to have to shoot an Elk or deer past 400 yards unless he is a handicapped hunter. Elk and Deer are are not B2s, they are animals with habit patterns that can be learned and used. Reading some of the "long range hunting crap" makes me wonder how I ever killed all those deer with a bow and arrow.

That is just so much BS. Much depends on where and when you hunt, hunter pressure, whether the migration is on, and so on. It also depends on things the hunter cannot control � like constraints of time, terrain, property/unit boundaries, animal populations and movement, the presence/movement/actions of other hunters, etc. Often the only choices are take the shot that is offered or take a pass.

I've never bow hunted anything larger than rabbit, but I've been close enough to deer to reach up and grab belly fur. Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.