Originally Posted by isaac
Question guys...I'm one susceptible to and a apparent magnet for insects. I understand the permethrin and Ultrathon benefits and will take such but I was wondering what best tips you experts might offer.

What do you do for your sleeping quarters, Tse-Tse's, if bitten??

And, would items such as a Thermacell pocket pack and a room lamp size Thermacell be of any particular benefit superior to all others.

Seems if I could carry a Thermacell, I wouldn't have to worry about being soaked in poison for 14 days.

Because on my susceptibilty,I may have to go the long pants and shirt routes but those which can be reduced to short sleeves or shorts,if I could.

I'm thinking Africa insects could be a trip [bleep]-upper if you don't pay attention.

I just saw this. We took the Thermacell and it worked, but you'll have to be really discreet with sneaking the butane in your luggage. Also, I've NEVER seen any bugs in Africa other than those infernal Tse-Tse, but I doubt they'll bother you in the leopard blind. Remember AVon skin-so-soft. it works! jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”