Just saw this thread; good for you Isaac! I'll just add a couple of observations if I may based one one trip. Personal recommendations from someone you trust are about the best reference there is; I went to a place recommended by JB who in turn went on Ingwes recommend who I think went there two or three times. Things and people do change but there were no big disappointments.

Your idea of visiting a park and doing some touring I highly recommend along with a minimum of ten days; two weeks might be even better considering the distance traveled and the expense to get there. Our park touring (Etosha in northern Namibia) was a highlight and our guide became a very good friend. For the very same reason I strongly concur with the idea of combining either a buff or spot with your PG hunt. That's what I wish I had done; now, three years later the extra expense back then
would make no difference plus I very well may not get back there again.

Those are the High points I recommend along with getting shooting sticks some time in the near future and practicing with them and going through a professional organization that will plan and book your flights and itinerary; I used Gracy Int'l and the young lady who took charge of our trip did so flawlessly which is how our trip proceeded.

And, depending on job responsibility and family back home, I also highly recommend a rented sat phone. One more thing as I'm scribbling here, I'd also highly recommend medical evac insurance especially if you include leopard or buff but really anyway.