Well with my "extensive experience" LOL! I would recommend the following and have had good success using the following:

One pair of prior pants work great for areas with lots of dense thorn brush, like I just experienced in KZN

2 pairs of convertible pants, shorts/long pants, the zip off legs

I like the LL Bean ripstop cotton shirts better than Cabelas serengeti shirts, but good nonetheless, long sleeve is good so you can roll them up if need to

I like Russell Boots and have a pair of their PH boots, I love them, but you can easily hunt in tennis shoes, hiking boots, etc. You don't have to buy boots for the occasion unless you want to.

I have a Red Oxx duffle bag and love it, I have the safari ph 5.5 I believe great bag but again any bag you have will fit the bill

I like simple, I take a .375 H&H, I load Barnes x bullets 270 grains, I use a Kahles 1.1x4 scope, but think I would prefer to go 1.5x6x42 and may switch if I end up building a .404 Jeffery.

Good Binocs, folks will differ here, but I like a larger field of view so I bring my regular 8x42 binocs, if makes game viewing a lot better.

Flashlight

Good socks, I found some Columbia Merino wool socks at their outlet and they are the best socks I have owned

Gaiters, I brought the canvas Boyt safari gaiters and they are great $20 well spent

sunglasses

Fleece jacket

Gloves, leather uninsulated, I like the churchill gloves, but it does not matter

prescription for ambien, stool softener, diarrea meds, antibiotic, malaria prophy,

You won't need much as other folks have posted, less than a week long elk hunt in Colorado

[Linked Image]