MiddleMiner, re: "I can think on a few people I know who'd buy into the idea that they could pull that chit off just because they have the cash to do so...

Just think if someone like Donald Trump wanted to hang a trophy on his wall and did not even have time to hunt. Enough money, you could have someone get out in the field, set up a rifle in a High Tech gun rest, let Donald use a 'joy stick' to aim the rifle as viewed on a computer moniter and electronically fire the gun and get his trophy, never leaving his office. Then the animal could go to the taxidermist and his trophy shipped to him.

I thought that idea might appeal to a few that 'can pay' even if they cannot go.

To each their own.

Maybe my state unfortunately has a disproportionate share of hunters who lack knowledge and range time. I know I have seen it at the range, in the field, and hear about it often. I wish to improve their skills and success in clean kills. Guys I know wound and lose deer yet don't invest time learning how to shoot so when they do, often things go awry and nice animals are lost. And as others have posted, YES, sadly they do happen at close range shots as well, all the more reason in my mind LR shooting needs to be done w/thought, and range time investment.

I am confident members on the board shoot more than the average hunter, and KNOW their limits. I am confident in my ability, but also recognize variables that affect real field conditions and outcomes, so am conservative, as that is just my personal view on things.

Now, where to get started on my new business venture.... besides the high tech computer controlled rifle, maybe I should become a long range rifle instructor wink Seems to be a demand and need.