Originally Posted by Ralphie
What really bothers me is it's obivous on some of those hunts that GP talked whoever had the tag (sheep) into using their rifle for the hunt so a video could be made. I really doubt all those recruits spent the time behind the rifle at range to really be proficient. One outfitter that is/was associated with the whole Best of the West, Wind River precision, greybull precision, gunwerks group even advertises that you can use his rifle (which is the same idea as Greybulls) for long range sheep shooting. Now that isn't Burns, but I gotta wonder if the same idea isn't happening with this.

John Porter has been doing this same thing for years.His standard line with clients is,"I'll have one of my rifles along just in case.We'll let you dry fire it a few times and then you can take the shot.We connect on elk all the time out past 1000 yards".

Bottom line is shooting at these ranges allows outfitters and guides to get lazy out of shape [bleep] slobs to fill tags that otherwise wouldn't get filled.The guide doesn't have to bust ass trying to put on a stalk just to have some winded slob mess it up,horses don't get torn up carrying lardasses across terrain that shouldn't be ridden but has to be because the client can't walk it.

If the client doesn't want to shoot at long range,the guide/outfitter simply rambo's the client over all kinds of rough terrain,combined with with high elevation for a couple days until the poor [bleep] cries uncle and agrees to shoot long range. It's also very common for the guide to do the shooting,with nobody the wiser..