Of course I've missed. That doesn't make it a sport. It's affording the animal the chance in the first place that appears to have some guys calling it a sport, like trophy hunters who are not interested in the meat. Every yard I close on an animal that chance is diminished IME. If I'm ever uncertain that I can make a shot, I won't take it. There's actually no reason to, the animal isn't going to vanish into thin air.

We all come from different angles I understand. I'd rather try to do my part by not buying meat off the shelf if I can. I did so for many years and was all but self sufficient. We also had a garden and an orchard, kept cows and pigs, ducks and chickens. We had absolutely no money, but were fortunate in where we lived for a while out in the middle of nowhere. Being able to do that was a privilege for me that I no longer have.

It's the display of arrogance that comes out in this culture that shrivels my gonads. Who needs the anti when we do such a great job at making ourselves and fellow hunters look like lazy twats with entitlement issues?

-=tpr=-