Originally Posted by TheProRifle
Actually quite a dull video for the fuss. In all this, something that I haven't seen mention of is the peculiar notion we have that wildlife is here somehow for us to "play" with. I am totally down with hunting and actually prefer it to buying farmed meat. And I am well aware of the commendable wildlife conservation efforts that are partially supported by the firearms industry, but it's the "sport" thing I can't get past.

It's not sport, it's not a game. Those animals deserve more respect at any distance.

I consider myself a sporting rifleman, but when I hunt it has nothing to do with sport. Quarry is never offered a chance when I pull that trigger, else I don't pull that trigger.

-=tpr=-

if thats the case then you better NEVER EVER pull the trigger. If you were capable of understanding though... you'd understand that most of us that will take LR shots, have the same mantra as you. Its a slam dunk or we don't let it go bang. The fact that our slam dunk could be a few yards further than yours should make no difference.

But back to your world of non reality..... there is ALWAYS a chance of something going wrong even if you take only close shots. Debris in the way. Faulty powder charge or primer to slow a load way down. Faulty bullet that won't expand. A screw breaking or coming loose on your next shot, the scope having just given up the ghost on the last shot and totally loosing its zero and so on.
Sorry to tell you but NOTHING in life is a given other than that old cliche.....

Thats my side of this chat.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....