E,
<br>
<br>The 7,is a "baby" magnum,she's more friendly than most(257Wby,friendliest of all).
<br>
<br>I'm gonna build a 280AI,as another "all arounder",in fact I think I'll give it to my Dad. No doubt,it is a very good cartridge and one of the best in a light rifle,for general purpose.
<br>
<br>Did you find the Basix trigger,too narrow in the face,for your liking? I got the Tyler shoe for mine and it improved the feel by at least 300 percent. The Pimp even liked it and he hates everything!
<br>
<br>Yes,there is a lot of Gentry floating around this country. On XP's,Model Sevens and a couple UltraLight 700shorts. A very sanitary design,seems to be very robust and of minimum weight. I'm a chicken. I run the XP,100 1pc Dual Dovetail bases/rings on my XP and Model Seven. I run 2pc Dual Dovetails on everything else. I even welded the Dual Dovetails,to my 600 Pink Rifle in 25-284(grin). I'm convinced they are without peer,regarding rugged durability vs weight.
<br>
<br>I can't say enough good about the Basix trigger,on the 600. It breathed new life into her.
<br>
<br>Here is why I sorta parked the 7mag and got rid of my STW's. 25-06Ackley on the left,7Mag center and 257Wby far right. I just ran a nickel 7Mag case through the 257Wby die,to come up with a chromer case,for the comparison. "Real" 257Wby brass,is a smidge longer,but both work fine,for most applications. Without a shadow of a doubt,the 257Wby is the most stellar performer I've ever seen on Game.
<br>
<br>Lots of good choices out there..................
<br>
<br>[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."