Slinger,
<br>
<br>I savvy what you are saying.
<br>
<br>Here is a more accurate comparison,with the same zero height,at 100yds. You'll have to grant me the 1/10th" advantage,but I tossed you a full 3/4" in the first excersize(grin).
<br>[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Ok this will allow a peek at velocity retention. Again,the edge,from start to finish is with the puny 120gr. Zeroed as identical as I can compute,at 100yds(1/10" difference),you see the advantage is clearly in the 120's court,for gents that are less rangefinders(and for guys that got 'em!).
<br>
<br>You gain 9" at 500yds and 20" at 750yds. I know someone is gonna scream energy,but you'd not like the X hitting you,even at a paltry 1862fps(though still faster than the 160,at that distance).
<br>
<br>So what I'm saying is,the 120's virtue is widely neglected. Fact is,FEW would even give it consideration. I've shot them in 7-08's,7RemMags and STW's as well. They will kill with more authority,than a heavier/slower bullet,of conventional design.
<br>
<br>It is a facet fully worthy of a second thought. The less I need to correct my trajectory,the more I like it. That of course,regardless of specific chambering. Again,that is a benefit of the X. You can drop a couple rungs on the "traditional" weight ladder,pick up some speed and have a new can of worms in your old wrapper.
<br>
<br>True that many will dismiss speed,lending a convincing hand in terminal effects(excepting those who've seen it dished out,via a superb bullet). I've got and shot,a whole slew of chamberings and I've found but one constant. A light for weight X,at warp speed is more impressive than any other way you could fathom,at crunching critters.
<br>
<br>Here endeth,the Sermon(grin)..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."